11 May 2010

The morning of Day Seven Tuesday 11 May


Each morning I waken to the song of the dawn chorus made especially noticeable by the relative quiet after the sun rises. Birds I saw or heard and could recognise included magpies, tits, finches, a partridge and skylarks.

After writing in the journal and uploading pictures to Flickr I walked around the fields. Children were arriving at the local primary school ready for the day's lessons in their maroon school uniforms.

I took a picture of the oak tree from a different angle.

Forty or so years ago the elms of England were attacked by insects and few elms survived. Now the great oaks of England seem to be succumbing to an arboreal disease.

I bought a couple of newspapers, The Daily Telegraph and The Times, to read what those papers can tell us about the moves to resolve the hung parliament.

The cowslips are all but over but apple blossom is bright  as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment