28 May 2010

Days Twenty-Five

 Early moring walk to Rydal. Through the estate to Rydal House owned by the Diocese of Carlisle on the Coffin path;


I the crossed the road and walk up to join another footpath through the gate in the wall opposite The Badger. I took the middle path up to the Rydal Caves which remain from the quarrying of stone for the local buildings. 


I walked down to the path along the shore of Rydal Water and returned to Ambleside refreshed and ready for the pleasant drive to Gatehouse of Fleet to see Kim Ayres exhibition Staring Back.

4 comments:

  1. I was taking down the exhibition this morning and just came across your comment in the visitor's book! I wish you'd let me know you were visiting - I'd have come out to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking to the lady in the coffee shop it sounded like you were quite busy, Kim. Bad planning on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there's a coincidence, I was in Gatehouse just a coule of days before you were, mainly to see Kim's exhibition but also to follow up on the book, 5 Red Herrings.
    It was before I moved my blog over to Blogger - my account of the day is at http://miceforlent.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F0DD885AB2B89ED1!3541.entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, thanks for the link to your post about your day. And I enjoyed your photos. Unfortunately I wasn't able to explore the area longer as I was playing chauffeur and needed to get back to Cumbria . . . ce la vie.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete