26 May 2010

Day Twenty-two

Short drive to Bowness-on-Windermere yesterday but I didn't snap any pictures but this panorama.

This morning I was determined to get some shots of Ambleside sans tourists and traffic.
The oldest dwelling in Ambleside

And this is one of the perks of wandering about before the sun is shining over the hills.
After my lone jaunt on foot we went on a drive to the west coast by way of Rydal, Grasmere; by Thirlmere under Helvellyn; Keswick, Cockermouth staying inland to Cleator Moor and then stopping at Whitehaven,


St Bees, where Wainwright's Coast to Coast walk begins; it ends at Robin Hood Bay on the Yorkshire coast.


We took a detour through Seascale and then up to Wasdale Head to gaze at the rain and mist shrouded Kirk Fell, Great Gable, Lingmell and Scafell Pike;


the screes sliding into the far shore of Wast Water;


Ravenglass where I had to forego a ride on La'al Ratty if I was to get to Chapel Stile in time to ring;


and then home through Broughton-in-Furness and Coniston. We'd missed the heavy rain in Ambleside.
Then I went ringing at delightful Chapel Stile. A light easy going ring of six.



No comments:

Post a Comment