07 May 2010

Day Two Thursday 6 May

After the funeral service and commital at the Colchester Crematoruim yesterday I walked around Silver End  with Kathy and one of my most long lasting friends, Johnny; you might know him as Steve; or even Tiger from Burnham-on-Crouch days.
I'm catching up a little. Bear with me. I have the tendency to recognize places by the pubs (e.g. Hemel Hempstead = The Leather Bottle). Silver End's remaining pub is the Western Arms. The Western family lived at Felix Hall, Kelvedon. There is a large brass memorial plaque to members of the Western family on the north wall of the sanctuary at St Mary's parish church, Kelvedon.

The horses, along withy a couple of ponies, are still grazing near the old gravel pit resevoir

In lieu of pictures of the hill I'm going to post a few pictures of this oak tree as it comes into leaf

Crop rotation: this field of rape seed was a field of winter wheat last year. And lots of people use footpaths and exercise their dogs daily here


No comments:

Post a Comment