19 May 2010

Day Fifteen Wednesday 19 May

The weather this morning was not conducive to appreciating the views from Land's End nor the kind of weather to be kind to Chris's arthritis so Chris, Steve and Kathy stayed home whilst I thought it a grand morning for a walk and so did the couple I met along the way on the Coast Path. I walked  as far as the labyrinth then made my way up to the single track road back to Seaton. This section of the path winds up and down the wooded cliff top with occasional glimpses of the waves crashing on secluded beaches two hundred feet or so below. The common wild flowers along the way I could identify as bluebells, red campion, buttercup and what's that smell? Wild garlic. I found wild strawberry in flower, too. And trees: groves of sycamore. And I heard and saw birds: robin, chaffinch, dunnock, rooks and pheasant.
Wild strawberry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment