22 April 2009

Oliver!

Griffin guarding the city boundary on the Embankment

London is a short train ride away. My, how things have changed. Well, what did you expect? London is still noisy and crowded and the buildings are even bigger, except those around St Paul's Cathedral thank goodness, but the characteristic smells are gone. Sadly, I feel none of the excitement I had as a child when going to London and I never worked there. Most memories are of church-crawling . . .



St Ethelberger's, Bishopsgate, is one church that I have fond memories of when I served at a High Mass there in the 'sixties. Fr Norman Small was the celebrant. The church was severely damaged by a terrorist bomb but has been beautifully restored.
St Paul's Cathedral from the South Bank near the Millennium Bridge.
Oliver! The show was brilliant; had me in tears . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment