28 April 2009

Good Morning

This is a recuperate day. Being here for such a short time is like changing gears on the fly: I neither live hear nor am I a tourist and the quotidian round is much the same as at home except for the bell-ringing and seeing old friends. I've not posted many pictures of people. I wanted to capture a sense of place; familiar and unfamiliar sights. The smells: the must of woods, the vegetable smell of the blooming oil-seed rape (canola). The feel of a cool misty morning: damp, dewy grass sparkling in the morning sun, soft showers. The sounds of birdsong, children playing in the nearby school, the hum and changing gears of cars, 'planes flying out of Stansted airport, dogs barking, cooing pigeons.
I've not made time to play much music or read; it is enough to stand and stare (and I haven't made much time for that dashing about in a car) I will go and take some pictures of Feering and do a little shopping and browsing in Colchester, maybe stop by the brick works in Marks Tey on the way too . . . so much for having a quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment